AAMP Global is a leading manufacturer of in-vehicle technology. New or used, consumer or commercial, on or off road; no matter what vehicle you drive, our solutions improve your driving experience through technology. Making your ride safer and more enjoyable. With R&D facilities located worldwide, AAMP’s 6 Power Brands include EchoMaster for safety, PAC and Autoleads for vehicle integration, Phoenix Gold and Stinger for Audio and iSimple for mobile connectivity. AAMP’s products are sold through over 30,000 points of distribution including mass retailers, independent 12 Volt installation shops, eCommerce, and also include OEM partnerships in consumer and commercial vehicles.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to join a highly energetic, dynamic and visionary global product and engineering team. As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the design, development and validation of the next generation of in-vehicle electronic solutions.
What you are signing up for…
The position will be based in our Clearwater, FL headquarters reporting to the Engineering Manager. The person in this job will be primarily responsible for firmware and hardware development of after-market automotive electronic products in the infotainment or safety space. This includes products related to vehicle headunit replacement, audio interfacing, vehicle camera systems, andor smart device connectivity.
In this role, you will analyze product requirements, select appropriate technologies, determine OEM vehicle systems interfacing requirements, develop hardware and firmware solutions, and perform in-vehicle testing.
Your day-to-day responsibilities...
- Work closely with the Product Management group to determine project requirements and priorities
- Manage workload on multiple simultaneous projects with fast design cycles
- Determine design elements by conducting in-vehicle research, such as vehicle wiring connections or CAN bus message analysis
- Be solely responsible for a project, or lead or participate in a small development team
- Interact with other functional groups, customers, and vendors to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects
- Design electronic circuits to meet product requirements, including cost targets
- Capture circuit schematics and create PCB layouts
- Generate PCBA manufacturing documentation (BOMs, gerbers, assembly drawings)
- Perform board bring-up of prototype units
- Design and develop firmware for microcontrollers
- Develop device drivers and board support packages for custom hardware
- Create product application firmware
- Team with engineering technicians to validate product functionality
- Create test fixtures for production testing of product
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies
- Suggest, or be involved in discussion of, new product ideas
What you will need…
- An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar; 5+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience in a small R&D organization is desired
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous ongoing projects including some customer interface.
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and written
- Strong C programming skills
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M MCU firmware development such as NXPFreescale Kinetis or STM32
- Experience with serial protocols and low-level drivers (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc.)
- Experience with custom board bring-up
- Experience with ‘bare metal’ firmware development
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Experience with digital and analog electronics design
- PCB Design and Layout experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Comfortable and competent using lab test equipment and soldering tools with hands on circuit design and construction.
- Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
- 1+ year experience developing audio circuits (analog and digital) is preferred
- Experience with digital signal processing (DSP) of audio is a plus
- Experience with Altium Designer is a plus
- Experience with CAN or other automotive communication busses is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy is a plus
- Experience with audio or video system development is a plus
- Experience with embedded GUI development is a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux is a plus
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License
AAMP Global provides competitive salary, robust benefits and 401k matching. If you are interested in applying please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!