AAMP Global is a leading manufacturer of in-vehicle technology. New or used, consumer or commercial, on or off road; no matter what vehicle you drive, our solutions improve your driving experience through technology. Making your ride safer and more enjoyable. With R&D facilities located worldwide, AAMP’s 6 Power Brands include EchoMaster for safety, PAC and Autoleads for vehicle integration, Phoenix Gold and Stinger for Audio and iSimple for mobile connectivity. AAMP’s products are sold through over 30,000 points of distribution including mass retailers, independent 12 Volt installation shops, eCommerce, and also include OEM partnerships in consumer and commercial vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Lead Application Software Engineer to join a highly energetic, dynamic and visionary global product and engineering team. As a Lead Application Software Engineer, you are responsible for providing technical leadership, define, develop, and evolve software in collaboration with the system engineering team.
What you are signing up for…
This role will be based in our Clearwater, FL headquarters with the candidate reporting directly to the Vice President of Integration. The person in this job will be primarily responsible for leading the development of PC, mobile and web based applications to interface with aftermarket automotive electronics.
Your day-to-day responsibilities…
- Designing and developing mobile(Android/iOS), PC, and web applications
- Define and design application programs to interface with various databases
- Performs integrated database design and directs the design of database structure
- Create, maintain and extend existing web services API code base (PHP).
- Work closely with the Product Management group to determine project requirements and priorities
- Manage workload on multiple simultaneous projects with fast design cycles
- Be solely responsible for a project or lead a small development team
- Interact with other departments, customers, and vendors to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects
- Team with engineering technicians to validate product functionality
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies
- Suggest, or be involved in, discussion of new product ideas
What you will need…
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or similar; 5+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous ongoing projects including some customer interaction. Ability to lead a team and project through completion
- Must have a proven track record of project and product management with conclusive results.
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Strong experience with
- Android (Java)
- Android SDK
- Android Studio / Eclipse
- iOS development
- Web services (PHP)
- C++, Java, C# .NET, ASP .NET
- Experience with external communications such as USB and serial port is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License