Get AAMP'd up for your next career move!
Come help define the future of in-vehicle technology and join our crew of passionate hard working people across the globe.
See a position that interests you? Send your resume with the title in the subject line and tell us why we need you on the team!
AAMP Global is a leading manufacturer of in-vehicle technology. New or used, consumer or commercial, on or off road; no matter what vehicle you drive, our solutions improve your driving experience through technology. Making your ride safer and more enjoyable. With R&D facilities located worldwide, AAMP’s 6 Power Brands include EchoMaster for safety, PAC and Autoleads for vehicle integration, Phoenix Gold and Stinger for Audio and iSimple for mobile connectivity. AAMP’s products are sold through over 30,000 points of distribution including mass retailers, independent 12 Volt installation shops, eCommerce, and also include OEM partnerships in consumer and commercial vehicles.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to join a highly energetic, dynamic and visionary global product and engineering team. As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the design, development and validation of the next generation of in-vehicle electronic solutions.
What you are signing up for…
The position will be based in our Clearwater, FL headquarters reporting to the Engineering Manager. The person in this job will be primarily responsible for firmware and hardware development of after-market automotive electronic products in the infotainment or safety space. This includes products related to vehicle headunit replacement, audio interfacing, vehicle camera systems, and or smart device connectivity.
In this role, you will analyze product requirements, select appropriate technologies, determine OEM vehicle systems interfacing requirements, develop hardware and firmware solutions, and perform in-vehicle testing.
Your day-to-day responsibilities...
- Work closely with the Product Management group to determine project requirements and priorities
- Manage workload on multiple simultaneous projects with fast design cycles
- Determine design elements by conducting in-vehicle research, such as vehicle wiring connections or CAN bus message analysis
- Be solely responsible for a project, or lead or participate in a small development team
- Interact with other functional groups, customers, and vendors to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects
- Design electronic circuits to meet product requirements, including cost targets
- Capture circuit schematics and create PCB layouts
- Generate PCBA manufacturing documentation (BOMs, Gerbers, assembly drawings)
- Perform board bring-up of prototype units
- Design and develop firmware for microcontrollers
- Develop device drivers and board support packages for custom hardware
- Create product application firmware
- Team with engineering technicians to validate product functionality
- Create test fixtures for production testing of product
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies
- Suggest, or be involved in discussion of, new product ideas
What you will need…
- An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar; 5+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Experience in a small R&D organization is desired
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous ongoing projects including some customer interface.
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and written
- Strong C programming skills
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M MCU firmware development such as NXPFreescale Kinetis or STM32
- Experience with serial protocols and low-level drivers (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, UART, etc.)
- Experience with custom board bring-up
- Experience with ‘bare metal’ firmware development
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Experience with digital and analog electronics design
- PCB Design and Layout experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross-functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Comfortable and competent using lab test equipment and soldering tools with hands-on circuit design and construction.
- Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
- 1+ year experience developing audio circuits (analog and digital) is preferred
- Experience with digital signal processing (DSP) of audio is a plus
- Experience with Altium Designer is a plus
- Experience with CAN or other automotive communication buses is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy is a plus
- Experience with audio or video system development is a plus
- Experience with embedded GUI development is a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux is a plus
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License
AAMP Global provides competitive salary, robust benefits and 401k matching. If you are interested in applying please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Do you have a passion for beautiful design and visual storytelling? Does the idea of harnessing your creative genius to make in-vehicle consumer electronics fly off the shelves get you more revved up than a triple venti latte on a Monday morning? If the answer is yes, you may have just stumbled on your dream gig, your new home, a place where you will create many amazing things, and have a darn good time doing it.
We are AAMP Global, designer and manufacturer of in-vehicle technology, and we are looking for a Graphic Designer to support our five consumer brands: iSimple, EchoMaster, Phoenix Gold, Stinger and PAC.
What you are signing up for…
This position will be located at our global headquarters in Clearwater, FL, reporting to the GM/EVP of Audio & Connectivity, but supporting all categories and marketing managers within the organization. In this role, you will partner with the brand’s Marketing Managers to develop and enhance the visual identities of our brands, and support their go-to-market plans with design projects ranging from packaging, point of sale displays, sales collateral, social media and web content, product catalogs, product and lifestyle photography, video, tradeshow design, and more.
- Highly organized and deadline driven with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Extremely creative, with an eye for beautiful design, composition, white space, typography and color theory
- A high-level understanding of merchandising, and the science of how design translates into sales in a crowded retail environment
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally turning feedback from multiple touchpoints into a refined finish project
- Highly proficient in all relevant software (Adobe CC, Microsoft Office etc)
- Experience with PowerPoint presentation design, sales and marketing print collateral, catalogs, brochures, product and lifestyle photography and photo editing, in-store display design, packaging, website (landing page, banners, and other graphical elements) front-end design, social media content design, and tradeshow design
- Video shooting and editing a plus
What you will need…
An undergraduate degree in Art, Graphic Design or similar; 5+ years of progressive relevant experience and a strong portfolio
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross-functional areas; work cooperatively with management
Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
To apply please submit your resume and portfolio (applications without portfolios will not be considered)