AAMP Global is a leading manufacturer of in-vehicle technology. New or used, consumer or commercial, on or off road; no matter what vehicle you drive, our solutions improve your driving experience through technology. Making your ride safer and more enjoyable. With R&D facilities located worldwide, AAMP’s 6 Power Brands include EchoMaster for safety, PAC and Autoleads for vehicle integration, Phoenix Gold and Stinger for high performance audio, and iSimple for mobile connectivity. AAMP’s products are sold through over 30,000 points of distribution including mass retailers, independent 12 Volt installation shops, eCommerce, and also include OEM partnerships in consumer and commercial vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Global Director of Integrated Safety Product & Solutions to join a dynamic and visionary product and engineering team. As the Director of Integrated Safety Product & Solutions you are responsible for leadership of the fastest growth category in the industry: Vehicle Safety. Leading the global safety team with direct reports located in multiple R&D centers around the world. AAMP’s vehicle safety brand EchoMaster is the leader in a fragmented market, providing solutions for vehicle OEMs, commercial partners, and consumer drivers. An essential member of AAMP’s leadership team, the Director of Integrated Safety Product & Solutions will drive category ownership from technology and product development, to business oversight and management. In this role you are responsible for transforming competitive and market insights and analysis into leading edge technologies and ground breaking product solutions.
The Director of Integrated Safety Product & Solutions is visionary, but also able to drive collaboration, executing a profitable roadmap through a cross-functional team of engineers, quality, operations, marketing and sales. Delivering high quality, future-forward product solutions, at a rapid pace. In addition to project management and product development, this role will require oversight of the entire category, including P&L, pricing strategy, manufacturing, product lifecycle, and ensuring the success of the product suite within multiple sales channels, globally.
What you are signing up for…
Located in our headquarters and R&D lab in Clearwater, FL, and reports to the Vice President/General Manager of Safety, European Integration, and High Performance Audio. In this role, you will provide leadership in developing and growing new and existing products in the integrated vehicle safety category, drive business growth and profitability, manage the project deliverables and work with all support functions to meet commitments. The person in this job will be primarily responsible for the product design and range development for new products, then taking the necessary actions to maintain superior business results for assigned products.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Drive and support the project team deliverables, meet commitments and deadlines
- Manage the product category
- Understand the global consumer for your product category; be the subject matter expert in consumer and commercial driver behaviors
- Understand the competitors and their product(s); how does AAMP’s product have a unique selling proposition
- Understand the market trends, consumer trends, and technology trends
- Understand regional regulatory requirements or restrictions, working closely with local authorities
- Create idea generation sessions to drive new product ideas
- Own the quality of the product and drive improvements
- Make the product easy to use, easy to install, easy to sell
- Drive the financials to meet gross product margins
- Design new products and/or processes; make modifications to existing products and/or processes; maintain awareness of product technology requirements
- Prepare all required product documentation or data including Technical Requirement Documents (TRDs) and RFQ’s
- Interacts with other functional groups, customers and vendors to coordinate technical and schedule matters and to successfully launch projects on time.
- Provide necessary product information/updates for Monthly Operation Review (MOR) meetings
- Create and/or support development of installation instructions and user operation guides
- Supervise and direct suppliers to leverage suppler resources in the development of new product
- Participate in engineering critical design reviews
What you will need…
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, science or similar; 10+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; master’s degree preferred
- Strong presentation skills for both internal and customer facing presentations
- Must have a proven track record of project management with conclusive results.
- Experience working with Safety product(s), specifically technology such as cameras, sensors and other collision avoidance systems is preferred.
- Must be able to lead/manage a results driven team
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Electro Static Discharge ESD protective training and electronics handling techniques preferred
- Ability to work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends