Established in 1987, owned by Audax Private Equity, and headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, AAMP Global restlessly pursues innovative ways to enhance what moves you. Global manufacturer of mobile aftermarket technology; developing vehicle safety solutions under EchoMaster, smartphone connectivity under iSimple, rear seat entertainment and navigation under Rosen, high power audio enhancement under Stinger and Phoenix Gold, and radio replacement while retaining factory features and functionality under Autoleads and PAC. AAMP enables you to define your drive, one vehicle at a time, anywhere in the world.
What you are signing up for…
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Corona, CA reporting to the VP of Product. In this role, you will be designing the future products for the safety and radio replacement categories for components to be constructed for injection molded plastic.
What you will be doing…
- Designs new products and/or processes, or makes modifications to existing products and/or processes, having high complexity, maintaining an awareness of product technology requirements
- Determine design elements by conducting in-vehicle research
- Assist in introduction of new approaches into product design or manufacturing
- Conduct the mechanical design of products and parts using SolidWorks, with an emphasis on aesthetics.
- Prepare and produce accurate measurements to be used in the design process and required documentation and/or data
- Approves drawings, bills of material, and engineering change authorizations, assuring that Engineering standards are met
- Create part drawing. Finalize the designs to be released to manufacturing. Test Prototypes.
- Interacts with other functional groups, customer, and vendors to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects
- Participates in engineering peer, preliminary and critical design reviews
What you will need…
- An undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, science or similar; 10+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Must have experience working with SolidWorks with an emphasis with Surfacing
- Proven track record of reverse engineering of parts and products
- Strong skills in using measuring tools and devices; including calipers and 3D scanning
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, work independently and complete tasks and projects on-time
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
- Having industrial design experience a plus.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com